You’re invited to come celebrate Auntie Flo’s 100th Birthday! Given the extenuating circumstances of COVID-19, we will have to commemorate this special day a little differently please read all of the instructions below.
Date: Monday, June 22, 2020
Time: From 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Where: 210 Martell Road NE, Calgary, T2A 2X1
Route: See map below
Please RSVP by June 18th, 2020
What you need to know:
1) Auntie Flo will be seated in front of her house to see the motorcade.
2) All who wish to acknowledge her will need to drive the specified route (see map), slow down enough by the house to be identified by Ryan.
3) Please do not park in front of their home as arrangements are underway to coordinate with Police, Fire, EMS, Media, etc. to honour her. If they come by, they are unlikely to join the motorcade. Instead, they will just drive up to the house. If your arrival is in conjunction with this, you may have to swing by again.
4) Also, you may not be able to step out and greet her at this time. However, if you wish to stop by for a chat with Flo, please make arrangements with Ryan for an alternative time.
5) Ryan promises to send us a photo of Auntie Flo with her “100” birthday cake. Any questions, please direct them to Yvonne Chang or contact us
PLEASE RSVP BY June 18th, 2020 so we have a rough idea of numbers.
Check your email for the link to the video for the Ladies Bible Study coming up. Contact Paula if you have any questions.
Hello church family,
In response to the current health concerns, we’ll be having church online instead of in person. We’ll be using zoom to connect together please contact us if you need the zoom meeting information. Please be sure to have supplies to take communion together at your own homes.
The Sunday School Christmas Program, in conjunction with True Love Arabic Church Calgary – كنيسة المحبة الحقيقية العربية بكالجرى will be immediately after the breaking of bread service on the 15th. Stay tuned for further details.
Our kids are visiting the seniors at the Manor Village Life Centres Inc to entertain them with Christmas carols. There will be a potluck after service, prior to our departure for The Manor at 1:45pm.
Our bell choir consists of Northside and True Love Sunday School children, under the very capable direction of Jan Anderson
Come help us decorate! We will be putting up our church decorations immediately after service. A light lunch will be served.
Join us on November 17 for our annual packing shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child Canada. We’ll be packing the boxes during the Sunday school hour. Your kind donations of items or cash are most appreciated. Please see Phyllis Hills or Yvonne Chang for details.
Saturday, Nov 16 at the Seepauls. Kasia will provide further details and time.
Join us for our bi-weekly prayer meeting to pray for the church and it’s reach in the community.